It is important to understand how to remove Hubspot from Gmail or other email accounts in case your business decides to switch softwares or stop the service completely. If you have never heard of Hubspot, then we recommend you read our blog article titled what is hubspot. But if you are looking for help unsyncing your email from Hubspot then you have come to the right place. The process can be split into two separate parts – unsyncing it from Gmail, and then unsyncing it from Hubspot.
If you don’t perform both parts of the process your account won’t be completely unsynced and could cause issues down the road. The steps below will walk you through the entire process with images to guide you the entire way.
Disconnecting Gmail From The CRM In Hubspot
The first thing you must do is head over to your Hubspot account. This typically involves logging in with your email and password. Then you must go the the account settings tab in the upper right corner of your screen. This will allow us to remove your account from the email integrations settings within Hubspot’s backend.
- Once you are logged into your account you can click the settings icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Once you are in your account settings, click on Integrations on the left navigation. Then click on the Email Integrations tab.
- There should be a header that reads Connected Emails, and below that header should be every email address connected to your Hubspot account.
- Locate the Gmail address that you would like to remove and click the button that says “Disable”.
- This will disable your Gmail account from Hubspot.
- But it is important that you also click the box next to the email address that says “Remove”.
- It may ask you if you are sure that you want to remove the email address. Click “Yes”.
Now that we have removed your Gmail account from you Hubspot account, there are still a few things we need to do.
Remove Hubspot From Gmail
Now that you have your email removed from your Hubspot account settings it is time to remove Hubspot from your Gmail account. Hubspot typically will have access to your Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Contacts, and other features so it is important to remove it. Below are the steps you must follow to remove it from Gmail.
- First you must sign into your Google Account with your email and password.
- Once you are logged into your Google account you can navigate to the Google account settings section in the upper righthand corner of your screen.
- In the navigation menu on the left sidebar will be a tab called Security, click that.
- If you scroll down a little bit you will see a section called Third-part Apps With Account Access. Click the Manage third-party access button.
- This will pull up a list of every third-party application that has access to your account. You should see Hubspot. This is where you can click Remove access.
Once you have removed Hubspot from accessing your account it is important that you make sure all of the settings were saved within your Google account. It is important to make sure that they don’t have access to your Gmail as this can cause issues if you decide to join a new CRM or go back to Hubspot at some point in the future. We hope our guide was help for you and we recommend that you read the other blog posts we have on our blog page.